Thursday, June 07, 2007

Catch this.

Let's set the record straight.

Yes, I am 25 years old. An adult by most definitions of the world.

And yes, I am a man. Not only that, I'm a hairy, manly man who's a hit with the ladies.

And yes, I live a stylishly urban life filled with lots of expensive clothes and jewelry and fly-ass shoes that make me feel superior to the common man.

And yes, today I bought the new Pokemon for my Nintendo DS Lite (Diamond version, natch). Some people might call it a game for ADHD suffering 6-year-olds who couldn't hack pee-wee football. But I call it awesome.

And I bought it with conviction and authority. I not only defiantly locked eyes with the clerk as I placed the tiny-boxed game on the counter, but I announced in a booming voice that this Pokemon game was indeed for me, and me alone.

My words were met with deafening silence and a look of befuddlement, but the air was charged, buzzing with excitement and satisfied awe.

To celebrate this day, I drew a tribute to the act of "Catching 'em All."


Gotta catch 'em all, dilweeds!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. hilarious! great artwork!

Laura said...

Yeah. Not hard to imagine this scenario. Or 'tableaux,' if you want to get all French about it.