Sunday, April 15, 2007

sweet rewards.

When I was in Middle School, I had a friend who got 100 bucks every time he didn't bring home a D or F on his report card.

I always got exemplary grades, but was only rewarded with a kind word and a hearty handshake.

Of course, I thought this was totally bogus. After all, shouldn't I get a bigger material reward for not needing the motivation of a material reward in the first place?

Unfortunately, my parents and I didn't see eye-to-eye on this issue. But I was too much of a pussy to let my grades slide just to teach them a lesson.

Here's a drawing that vaguely relates to this story.


for a scoop of delicious ice cream, i'd get A+'s to the break of dawn.

It's a good thing I never did become a "bad seed" and get poor grades. After all, without top marks, how could I have gotten into... an... art school?

Ah crap.

No comments: